Apple-Cheddar Streusel Pie
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tsp butter
- 1 1/2 lbs apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - 6 oz.
- 4 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 - 9 inch unbaked pie crust
Preheat oven to 375° F.
To make the streusel, combine first addition of flour, sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal; set aside.
Toss prepared apples with lemon juice. Add cheddar cheese, second addition of flour and nutmeg; toss until well mixed.
Arrange apple mixture in pie crust; sprinkle streusel on top.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.Servings: 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page