Baked Ham with Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 cups whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp dried marjoram
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 9 to 10 lbs fully cooked bone-in ham (shank or butt end)
- 2 1/2 cups Madeira wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh marjoram or 2 tsp dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F. Line large roasting pan with double layer of foil.
Mix first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside.
Trim any tough rind and fat from upper side of ham, leaving 1/4-inch-thick layer of fat. Using long sharp knife, score fat in 1-inch-wide diamond pattern. Place ham in prepared pan. Pour Madeira and orange juice into bottom of pan.
Bake ham until heated through, about 45 minutes.
Remove pan from oven. Increase oven temperature to 450° F. Spread mustard mixture generously over top and sides of ham. Return to oven and continue to bake until mustard coating is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Transfer ham to platter.
Skim fat from pan juices and discard. Pour pan juices into medium saucepan. Add marjoram and bring to boil. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
Slice ham into 1/2 inch-thick slices. Serve with sauce.Servings: 6 to 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page