Basil, Swiss and Spinach Quiche
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 10 oz. package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 6 large eggs
- 1 - 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp crushed dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided use
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nutsp
- 2 - 9 inch unbaked pie crustsp
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, sauté onion, green bell pepper and garlic until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in spinach (well drained, excess moisture squeezed out) and sauté 2 more minutes; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, evaporated milk, milk, basil, salt and pepper until well combined. Stir in spinach mixture, Swiss Cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and pine nuts.
Divide evenly between pie crusts. Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until centers are just set.Servings: 2 - 9 inch pies or 12
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page