Broccoli Quiche Potato Crust
- 1 package - 10 oz. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded nonfat or reduced-fat Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup dry curd or nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teas Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teas ground black pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed
Combine all of the ingredients except for the potatoes in a large bowl, and stir to mix well. Set aside.
CoaTbsp a 9-inch deep dish pie pan (or quiche pan) with nonstick cooking spray. Slice the potatoes 1/4-inch thick, and arrange the slices in a single layer over the bottom and sides of the pan to form a crust. Pour the broccoli mixture into the crust.
Bake at 375° F for about 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the dish from the oven, and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.Makes 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page