Carnation Quiche Lorraine
- 1 - 9 inch unbaked deep-dish pie shell (4-cup volume)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese - 6 oz.
- 1 - 12 oz. can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat. When bacon starts to turn brown, add onion. Cook until bacon is crisp; drain. Sprinkle cheese into bottom of pie shell. Top with bacon mixture. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg in small bowl until blended. Pour into pie shell.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on wire rack before serving.Servings: 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page