Bittersweet Black Bean and Corn Relish
- 1 - 16 oz. bag black turtle beans
- 4 cups frozen kernel corn
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 2 large, fresh pineapples
- 1 cup honey mustard dressing, any brand
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 cup pina colada mix
- 1 tsp Caribbean blend jerk seasoning
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Clean and cook beans as directed adding salt and pepper to taste. When tender, rinse under cold water, being careful not to break the beans apart. Refrigerate.
Thaw corn and mix with black beans. Drain.
Remove seeds from peppers and dice into small pieces. Skin the pineapples; core and dice into small pieces. Mix peppers and pineapple with remaining ingredients separate from bean mixture.
Fold together with the bean and corn mixture; refrigerate until ready to serve.Servings: 1/2 gallon
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page