Brown Rice with Forty Shades of Green
- 1-3/4 cup Water or vegetable stock
- 1 cup Brown rice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Green onions; chopped
- 6 oz. Tender leaf spinach; stemsremoved, finally chopped
- 1 cup Parsley sprigs; chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves; chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro or mint leaves;chopped
- 1/8 tsp Fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp Sour cream; if desired (upto 3)
Combine the water or broth, rice and salt in the pressure cooker.
Cover and bring up to High pressure. Reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook 18 minutes.
Release pressure and let stand, covered 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
NOTES: For the easiest preparation, chop the greens in a food processor.Servings: 4 to 6
Source: The Best Pressure Cooker Cookbook Ever by Pat Daily
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: Apr 08, 1998
Print This Page