Cashew and Tomato Brown Rice
- 3 Tbsp Sun Dried Tomato Oil or olive oil
- 2 Onions; chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves; chopped
- 3 Ribs of Celery; chopped
- 2 Carrots; peeled, shredded
- 1-1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 12 Sun Dried Tomatoespacked in oil, drainedand chopped
- 1 can Tomatoes; 28 oz. Can; choppedwith their juice
- 2 cup Vegetable Stock
- Peel of 2 lemons; gratedno white attached
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 cup Cashews; coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil; chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large Dutch oven, heat the sun dried tomato oil until fairly hot. Add the Onions, Garlic, Celery, and Carrots.
Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the vegetables soften. Stir in the brown rice and cook until the rice begins to puff slightly, about 5 minutes longer.
Stir in the sun dried tomatoes, the chopped tomatoes with the juice and the vegetable stock.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the cover, stir in the Lemon Peel, Lemon Juice, Cashews and Basil.
Cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.Servings:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page