Lentils Brown Rice and Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Sweet red pepper,lg, chopped
- 1 Onion, medium-size, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup Lentils, dried
- 1 cup Brown rice
- 1/4 lbs Canadian bacon,chopped
- 2 cup Water
- 14-3/4 oz. Chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 2 Tbsp Distilled white vinegar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- Green onion, sliced, garnish
Heat oil in large nonstick saucepan. Add pepper, onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
Add lentils, rice, bacon, water and broth, simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes until lentils and rice are tender. Remove from heat.
Stir in vinegar and soy sauce.
Garnish with green onion.Servings:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page