Miguelito's Asado al Fuego Salsa Loca
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, blackened
- 1/2 cup purple onion, blackened
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, blackened
- 2 large jalapeños, blackened & seeded
- fresh garlic, about 1 1/2 tsp minced fine
- 2 Tbsp diced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Rainbow Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp Himalayan Pink Salt, freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp Trader Joe's Chile Lime Seasoning
- 1/4 Tbsp Cumin
I created this recipe when Lynn and I lived in Arizona to celebrate Cinco de Mayo along with a pitcher of ice cold prickly pear margaritas and friends visiting from California.
Cut tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion in halves and blacken over grill. Once blackened, place straight from the grill in paper or plastic bag to de-skin. Then chopped ingredients finely and add to large bowl.
Add addition ingredients and fold everything together.
Now divide the salsa in half. Place one half iin a blender and pulse a few times to break down the lumpiness. Recombine and fold in both halves. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight. This will allow all of the spices and flavors to mix and allow the salsa to firm up slightly.
Serve with baked tortilla chips. It's pretty awesome stuff!Servings: Makes about 4 cups
Source: Michael Pitzer
Submitted by: info@MoreRecipes.com
Date: Mar 5, 2007
Print This Page