- 2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed
- 2 Serano peppers, stemmed
- 2 Yellow wax peppers, stemmed
- Hot for more heat, sweet for Less
- Radishes, trimmed
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Bunch green onions, trimmed Or 1/2 medium onion
- 2 Tomatoes, medium
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Water, more water if needed
Coarsely chop peppers, radishes, garlic, onions, tomatoes and cilantro in a food processor or with a chef's knife.
Transfer to a bowl, then add salt, tomato paste and water. Mix it up well.
Use right away or store refreigerated up to 10 days.
I used roasted Anaheim peppers instead of Serano, and it was very good, but guess it took away some of the "freshness." Serano peppers aren't always easy to find in this part of the country.Servings: 2 to 3 cups
Source: Rose Geiger
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: Feb 5, 1995
Print This Page