Low-Fat Alfredo Sauce
- 1-1/2 cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Low-Fat Milk
- 1/2 cup Red Sweet Pepper — chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic — minced
- 1 Tbsp Margarine — *see note
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/8 tsp Each Salt And Pepper
- 8 oz. Fettuccine Or Linguine –
- Cooked and drained
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Snipped Fresh Basil
*I would leave this out, and sauté with water.
In a blender container combine cottage cheese and milk; blend til smooth. In a 2-quart saucepan cook sweet pepper and garlic in hot margarine until tender. Reduce heat.
Add milk mixture, peas, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir till heated through (do not boil) Toss with hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil.
Note, I would also add some crab, or shrimp, or clams to make a seafood Alfredo!Servings: 4 main-dish
Source: April issue of Better Homes and Gardens
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page