All-Purpose BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 sm Onion; finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves; finely-chopped
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp Chile powder or paprika
- 1-1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Amber beer or ale
- 1/4 cup Cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon-Style mustard
- 2 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce; optional or-to taste
In a saucepan, cook onions in oil over moderate heat until tender. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes and chile powder, and cook for one minute.
Add ketchup, beer, vinegar, water, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, and Tabasco sauce, stirring to combine.
Partially cover and simmer until slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, with Tabasco sauce. Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool completely.
Sauce can be refrigerated for two to three weeks or frozen for up to a month.Yields: 2 cups
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page