Cheese Pepper Scones
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided use
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a skillet and sauté chopped onion and chopped red bell pepper until soft; set aside.
In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, white pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cut in 4 Tbsp butter until coarse crumbs are formed. Stir in Gruyere cheese, cheddar cheese, the onion mixture, and milk; stir just to blend.
On a lightly floured flat surface, form the dough into 12 rounds, flatten, and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with milk. Bake for 15 minutes.Servings: 12 scones
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page