Chocolate and Toffee Scones
- 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered English toffee bits
- 2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Additional sugar
Preheat oven 375° F. Lightly butter 2 heavy large baking sheets. Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and baking powder in large bowl. Stir in chocolate morsels, nuts and toffee bits.
Beat cream in another large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into dry ingredients. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms, about 2 minutes.
Form dough into ball; pat out to form 1 1/4-inch-thick round. Cut dough into 12 wedges. Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheets, spacing apart. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.Servings: 18 scones
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page