Asparagus with Fresh Grape Relish
- 1 lbs medium fresh asparagus
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup each coarsely chopped red and green seedless California grapes
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
Remove thick, woody part of asparagus spears.
Bring water and salt to boil. Add asparagus and cook about 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender and still bright green.
While asparagus is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté onion and garlic. Add grapes, vinegar, mustard and pepper; heat thoroughly.
Spoon half of grape mixture onto serving platter, top with cooked asparagus and spoon remaining grape mixture over asparagus.Makes 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page