Three Cheese Asparagus Gratin with Wisconsin Gouda, Muenster and Asiago
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 lbs (approximately) asparagus, washed and tough ends removed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 cup - 4 oz. Wisconsin Gouda (plain or smoked) cheese, shredded
- 1 cup - 4 oz. Wisconsin Muenster cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup - 2 oz. grated Wisconsin Asiago cheese
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a 9x9-inch glass baking dish with 1 Tbsp of butter.
Arrange the asparagus in the baking dish.
Gently simmer milk over medium heat. Stir in the cornstarch mixture to thicken slightly. Add the Gouda and Muenster cheeses and whisk in until smooth and creamy; season with the salt. Pour the cheese sauce over the asparagus.
Melt the remaining 3 Tbsp butter. Toss with the breadcrumbs, Asiago and pepper. Sprinkle over the asparagus mixture.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.Servings: 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page