Dr Bill's Barbecue Beans
- 8 oz. bacon, diced (about 8 slices)
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup purchased barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 - 28 oz. cans pork and beans, drained
- 2/3 cup dark beer (or apple juice)
In large skiller, fry bacon until lightly browned; remove extra fat from pan and discard.
Stir onion and bell peppers into skillet and sauté until vegetables are tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
In 4-quart baking dish, stir together bacon, vegetables and remaining ingredients.
Cover and bake at 350° F for 45 to 60 minutes, until heated through.Servings: 12 to 16
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page