Creamy Peanut Butter Soup
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (15 oz) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half or skim milk
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 to 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 to 2 dashes red pepper sauce
- Salt, cayenne and black pepper, to taste
- Green onions, thinly sliced, as garnish
Spray large saucepan with cooking spray, heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onion, carrot, celery, leek, and garlic 5 minutes.
Add broth and beans and heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
Process soup and peanut butter in food processor or blender until smooth.
Return soup to sauce pan, stir in half and half and curry powder.
Heat over medium heat until hot. Season to taste with lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, salt, cayenne, and black pepper.
Pour soup into bowls, sprinkle with green onion.Servings: 4 to 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page