Quick Proven al Mushroom and White Bean Stew
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs fresh white mushrooms (about 5 cups), sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp crushed dried thyme
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 - 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces, undrained
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 2 - 15 oz. cans white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
In a Dutch oven or large saucepot, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and thyme; cook and stir until onion is very tender and mushrooms are slightly golden, about 7 minutes.
Add chicken broth, tomatoes with their liquid and wine; bring to a boil; cover and simmer to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of the beans until smooth; add to stew. Stir in remaining beans; heat until hot. Serve immediately with a mound of steamed rice, if desired.Servings: 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page