Beef Burgundy Stew
- 3 Slices bacon
- 3/4 oz. Canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp Unbleached flour
- 2 Tbsp Dry red wine
- 1/4 tsp Instant beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup Frozen pearl onions
- 1/8 tsp Dried basil, crushed
- 4 ea Small whole fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 lbs Stew meat 1/2-inch Cubes
In a 20 ounce casserole, micro-cook bacon, loosely covered, on 100% power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till done. Drain bacon, reserving drippings in casserole. Crumble bacon and set aside. Stir flour, bouillon granules, and basil into drippings.
Add beef, UNDRAINED tomatoes, and wine; mix well. Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 1 minute, stirring once. Micro-cook, covered, on 50% power for 10 minutes, stirring once.
Stir in onions and mushrooms. Micro-cook, covered, on 50% power for 10 to 12 minutes or til meat is tender, stirring twice. Sprinkle crumbled bacon atop and serve.Servings: 2 to 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page