apple-raisin whole-wheat stuffing
- 12 cup Whole-wheat bread; cubed
- 1 1/2 cup Raisins
- 4 Apples; unpeeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Onion; finely chopped
- 4 cup Celery; sliced thin
- 3 Eggs (or use egg whites)
- 1 cup Walnuts or pecans; chopped
- 4 Tbsp Margarine, melted
- 2 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper; freshly ground
If the bread is not stale, spread the slices out on a rack or counter for half a day to dry them out. Then cut into cubes. Combine the bread cubes with the remaining ingredients.
Stuff the turkey or bake in a covered oven-proof dish for about 40 minutes at 325° F or put into Crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours then low for 4 hours.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page