Apple Sausage Stuffing
- 1 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 - 21 oz. can apple pie filling or apple cranberry pie filling
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 - 14 oz. package herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup pecan pieces
In a large skillet, brown sausage; drain.
Add butter, onion and celery; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pie filling, broth and parsley.
In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes, pecans and apple mixture. Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° F for 40 minutes.Servings: 10 to 12
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page