Barbecued Tofu Vegetables
- 1 lbs firm or extra-firm tofu
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers OR 1 of each cut into wide strips
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced w/rings separated
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, up to 1
While entree is baking, combine 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered, and 2 Tbsp water in microwave-proof dish. Cover; microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Round out this meal with a salad.
Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly oil large baking dish and line with foil.
Drain tofu and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Blot thoroughly between clean kitchen towels or several layers of paper towels. Cut slices into strips or dice.
In large bowl, combine tofu with remaining ingredients; stir gently until blended. Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
Bake 10 minutes; stir gently, then continue to bake until mixture is heated through, about 15 minutes. Serve hot.Servings: 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page