Eggplant Chili Jackets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 red chili, roughly chopped
- 2 large eggplants, cubed
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 14 oz. can chopped plum tomatoes
- 14 oz. can cannellini beans, drained
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 baked potatoes
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion, garlic, and chili for 2 minutes over a moderate heat.
Add the eggplant and rosemary and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until beginning to soften.
Pour in the wine and bring to a boil. Add the tomatoes and beans, season to taste, then cover and cook for 25 minutes and stirring from time to time.
Divide between hot, buttered baked potatoes and serve straight away.Servings: 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: Jan, 13, 2000
Print This Page