Mixed Vegetables With Almonds
- 1 broccoli (stalk)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp wine, shaoxing or dry sherry
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1/4 cup almonds, whole, blanched
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 4 onions, green, trimmed and
- 1 cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 ea pepper, red or green, seeded
- 1 ea and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 celery, stalk, sliced diagon
- 12 corn, ears, Chinese canned
- 1 baby, drained (optional)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, fresh, sliced or
- 3 dried black mushroom caps
Trim base of broccoli stem. Starting at base, cut across stem into 1/8-inch slices. Continue slicing until top comes apart into florets.
Blanch in lightly salted boiling water 30 seconds, transfer to bowl of ice water to keep cold. Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and wine and set aside.
Heat wok over medium heat and add oil. Add almonds and cook, stirring constantly, until almonds begin to brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Remove all but 1 Tbsp oil from wok. Increase heat to medium-high. Add ginger, stir and cook a few seconds until fragran Tbsp Add green onions, bell pepper, celery and baby corn (if used). Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Drain broccoli and add to wok with mushrooms and almonds. Stir-fry just until mushrooms soften.
Stir cornstarch mixture and add to wok. Stir and cook until sauce thickens and becomes glossy. Transfer to warm serving platter.Servings:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: Jan, 13, 2000
Print This Page