Mucho Gusto Vegetarian Tacos
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 corn tortillas (or 8 mini tortillas)
- 1/3 cup onion, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup zucchini, julienne cut
- 1 cup black or pinto beans, cooked
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp red pepper
- 2 oz. - 1/4 cup) salsa of your choice
- Cilantro (optional)
Cook rice according to package instructions, except adjust liquid to be 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup tomato juice.
Sauté the vegetables in a nonstick skillet with 1 Tbsp water (i.e., steam vegetables), stirring constantly.
Season with garlic, Italian seasoning, oregano, black and red pepper, and cook 10 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
Warm tortillas (i.e., microwave or steam).
Place some vegetables, beans, rice, and salsa on each tortilla; roll, and serve.Servings: 4
Source: Mucho Gusto, Del Mar, California
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: Jan, 13, 2000
Print This Page