Mandarin Chicken Wraps
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 8 - 11 inch flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups coleslaw mix, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Prepared Plum Sauce
- Prepared Sweet and Sour Sauce
In glass dish, mix together soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger. Add chicken, stirring to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 300° F. oven for 15 minutes to warm.
In large frypan, place oil over medium high heat. Remove chicken from marinade, drain and place in frypan; sprinkle with pepper flakes and garlic. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
Add onion, 1 cup of the coleslaw mix and red bell pepper. Continue stirring and cooking (about 3 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink.
On each tortilla, place remaining coleslaw mix in equal portions. Top with equal portions of chicken mixture. Roll tortilla, then slice diagonally through the center; tie with piece of chive.
Arrange on bed of cilantro. Serve with Plum Sauce and Sweet and Sour Sauce.Servings: 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page