Oriental Chicken Wraps
- 1 1/2 to 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into thin 1-inchstrips
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced into thin 1-inch strips
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, sliced into thin 1-inch strips
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 2 medium cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry white wine
- Approximately 1 dozen plain or flavored tortillas (can use garlic, Cajun or curry flavors)
- 1 cup LOW SODIUM chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chinese hot chili sauce
- 2 tsp Zhen Jiang vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with water (approximation)
At least several hours before cooking, slice chicken breasts into thin 1-inch strips. Sprinkle (about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp garlic powder (approximation) on meat. Add a little water followed by cornstarch. Massage this mixture into chicken strips. Set in fridge.
When ready to stir-fry veggies, heat (about 2 Tbsp oil in wok. Throw in minced garlic and stir-fry for about 10 to 15 seconds. Next, add bell peppers and stir-fry for about 1 to 2 minutes before adding all other vegetables. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes more before removing from wok and set aside.
Next, heat a little oil in wok and add chicken. After stir-frying for about 30 seconds, drizzle (about 2 Tbsp white wine or Chinese rice wine over chicken. Continue cooking chicken until done (about 2 minutes). Remove from wok.
After wiping wok clean, pour in sauce and bring to boil. Add cornstarch mixed with water and reduce heat. Simmer until thickened (mixture should be fairly viscous like a gravy). Next, add veggies and chicken to sauce mixture. Stir until these ingredients are well-coated.
Lastly, spoon (about 2 to 3 Tbsp filling into tortillas that have been wrapped in foil and heated in oven. Wrap tortillas as you would a burrito.
NOTE: This recipe has a lot of flexibility. You can adjust measurements such amount of vegetables to suit your own tastes. You can also make sauce as thick or thin as you like.Servings: 6 to 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page