Toasted Chicken Salad Wraps
- Source: Quaker Oatmeal
1/3 cup unsalted, hulled sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup Kretschmer® Original Toasted Wheat Germ
- 1 lbs boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp Creole seasoning blend, divided
- 1 cup fat-free or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely shredded Napa or Savoy cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- Fresh alfalfa sprouts (optional)
In large nonstick skillet, toast sunflower seeds over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in wheat germ; transfer to plate to cool.
Spray same skillet with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1 Tbsp of the Creole seasoning. Cook over medium-high heat, 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet; cool.
When cool enough to handle, shred or coarsely chop chicken.
In large bowl, combine mayonnaise and remaining Creole seasoning; mix well. Add chicken, cabbage, onions, peppers and wheat germ mixture; mix well.
Spoon chicken salad down center of each tortilla, dividing evenly. Fold sides of tortilla to center, overlapping edges; fold bottom of tortilla under, completely enclosing filling. Spoon alfalfa sprouts into opening at top of wrap. Serve immediately or wrap well and refrigerate up to 8 hours.Servings: 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page